Our aim with this first book in the senior Physics series is provide complementary hard copy write-on notes and questions to support the on-line material so that, as a student, you get access to the best of both worlds.
The contents include:
Reflection at a Plane Boundary, Reflection in Curved Mirrors using Ray Diagrams, Reflection in Curved Mirrors by Calculation, Ray Refraction at a Plane Boundary, Refraction through Lenses using Ray Diagrams, Refraction through Lenses by Calculation, Properties of Electromagnetic Waves, Wave Refraction at a Plane Boundary, Superposition of Pulses and Waves, Interference and Diffraction of Waves.
As a students you can now
1. Read and highlight the detailed learning notes from the site now in hard copy format
2. Go on line and use the eLivewire Learning programme to practice your knowledge and understanding of this material with Achieved-Only versions of each module to gain success and confidence
3. Get instant feedback from the hundreds of online questions + explanations to accelerate your learning
4. Re-sit modules to improve your score out of 10 and 'working at' level
5. Answer scaffolded Merit and Excellence questions in the booklet then refer to the back of the book for the answers.
6. Challenge yourself again on eLivewire with further practice
7. Track your record of learning and your place on the leader board (see our home page)
8. Answer the NCEA style questions at the end of the chapter or book.
9. Use the definitions modules to rehearse key terms.
10. Review this resource again for your exams.
We hope that this resource will motivate and equip you to succeed in this subject.